This didn't work as well as I had hoped, even after trying a lot of different ways of lighting the image, I could not achieve what I was hoping for, but this has inspired me to try again until I can get a result I am happy with. I have run out of time for this weeks challenge, so what ever I get as an improvement I will be doing just for me. The image is made up from 3 focus stacked images.
It seems a bit odd, but what might appear to be the most simple of images has been one of my hardest challenges.
My original plans were changed thanks to having my two great nephews around and able to provide their modelling skills for my image. The set up was easy, wait for it to start getting dark, light the fire and feed them marshmallows, their grandad was keen to get involved as well.
The photo was edited in Lightroom, some distractions removed in Photoshop and a frame added in Exposure X4
I decided to capture some movement for this weeks challenge, because the exposure was going to be unpredictable I set the camera on a tripod and used fully manual settings, ISO 160, f/5.6 and a six second shutter speed, the camera was mounted behind me with a remote shutter release on a 10 second timer so that I could press the shutter, and then start driving, I focused on the dash board. I am not sure if I like the dash lights showing where my arm has moved, but decided not to try to edit that out in the end.
My speed was only about 20mph, but the light makes things look a lot faster.